Nominees should meet two of the eight following criteria:
- Exceptional service to the underserved.
- Exceptional service to the community.
- Exceptional service to state/local/medical/subspecialty dermatology society.
- Exceptional service to academic/physician education.
- Exceptional service to the Academy.
- Exceptional service to the international audience.
- Significant commitment of time, energy and resources.
- Significant benefit to others as a result of their volunteerism.
- Volunteer work is outside the realm of paid positions.
The Academy Volunteerism Committee reviews all completed nominations and selects 12 winners at the Annual Meeting in March. The recipients are notified several months before their announcement in Dermatology World.
The dermatologists who received this award in 2013 will be honored at the recognition luncheon during the Academy’s 2014 Annual Meeting in Denver, Colo. The winners also will receive a plaque and be recognized in Dermatology World and on the AAD website.
The Members Making a Difference Award winners will be presented with a plaque during the recognition luncheon at the American Academy of Dermatology's 72nd Annual Meeting in Denver, Colo.
Contact: Nikki Haton, project specialist, Member Services
Phone: (847) 240-1350
Fax: (847) 240-1920
Nominate/apply: The online nomination form is temporarily closed for improvements. If you wish to nominate an AAD member dermatologist, please send your nomination to email@example.com.
Deadline: Nominations are accepted continuously throughout the year.