Goals and objectives
The purpose of this module is to help medical students develop a clinical approach to the evaluation and initial management of patients who present with acne and/or rosacea.
After completing this module, the learner should be able to:
- Identify and describe the morphology of acne and rosacea.
- List common triggers for intermittent flushing in rosacea.
- Explain the basic principles of treatment for acne and rosacea.
- Recommend an initial treatment plan for a patient who presents with comedonal and/or inflammatory acne.
- Practice providing patient education about topical and systemic acne treatment.
- Determine when to refer a patient with acne or rosacea to a dermatologist.
Download the module