The 2015 Leadership Forum application is now closed.
Designed specifically for dermatologists, the Leadership Forum is a highly interactive and enriching weekend that provides an opportunity to advance your leadership and communication skills while networking with colleagues and Academy leaders.
What you will learn
- Your Myers-Briggs personality style.
- Communication skills, including:
- Essential communication keys.
- Engaging openers.
- How to elicit audience participation.
- Conflict management and resolution.
- Coaching and counseling to enhance staff performance.
- Change management and how to be flexible and adaptable.
How you will benefit
- Gain insights into your own leadership style.
- Discover how to leverage your leadership strengths to become a stronger leader.
- Enhance your communication skills.
- Learn how to respond to unexpected changes in the moment.
- Learn how to minimize the negative energy of peer-to-peer conflict.
- Develop an action plan for getting involved following the Forum.
- Enjoy an invaluable peer-to-peer learning experience and networking opportunities.
In addition, our sessions are led by the country’s best trainers. These highly engaging speakers are specialists in their fields and truly make learning come to life.
The 2015 Leadership Forum is April 17-19 in Oak Brook, Ill. Participants receive hotel accommodations, meals, and all workshops during the Leadership Forum.
- Must be a member of the AAD in good standing.
- Must have completed at least one year post dermatology residency training.
- Must be nine years or less since completing residency/fellowship training.
- Must have completed residency training in dermatology or a fellowship in a dermatology sub specialty (dermatopathology).
- Must not have attended a Leadership Forum in the past.
- Participants selected are required to pay a program fee of $250. The Academy covers the remaining costs for all sessions and workshops, travel, lodging and on-site meals.
- The 2015 Leadership Forum application is now closed.
Please email Kathy Frale with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 240-1241.