F013 - Trends in the Practice of Dermatology: Consolidation and the Role of Private Equity
Friday, July 27; 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Compare dermatology practice models within the spectrum of private equity funded practices
- Recognize trends in the consolidation of dermatology practices and the impact on the future practice of dermatology
Participants will gain knowledge regarding how to evaluate different dermatology practice models. Factors to take into consideration when joining an equity-backed group will be reviewed. The daily realities of practicing in equity-backed groups will be discussed as will the overall trends of consolidation within the practice of dermatology. Potential positive and negative factors of practicing within this model will be addressed as will the impact on the future of dermatology practice as a whole.
- Alexander, Erik, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Coldiron, Brett M., MD: NovoScan – O(Fees);
- Kaufmann, Mark D., MD: Almirall – C(Fees); Cutanea Life Sciences – C(Fees); Dermira – C(Fees); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – C(Fees); IntraDerm Pharmaceuticals – C(Fees); ISDIN – C(Fees); Klara/Goderma, Inc. – C(SO); L'Oreal USA Inc. – C(Fees); La Roche-Posay Laboratorie Pharmaceutique – C(Fees); Menlo Therapeutics – C(Fees); Modernizing Medicine – C(SO); Ortho Dermatologics – C(Fees); Pfizer Inc. – C(Fees); Promius Pharma, LLC – C(Fees); SciBASE – C(Fees); Sensus Healthcare – C(Fees); UCB – C(Fees);
- Konda, Sailesh, MD: Gerson Lehrman Group's Council of Advisors (GLG) – C(Fees);
- Krakowski, Andrew C., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- McDonald, Michel A., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Wernli, Betsy J., MD: Allergan, Inc – SP(H);