W003 - Hands-on: Practical Anatomy for Safe Filler Injections
Sunday, July 29; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Define the appropriate structure and functional facial anatomy related to filler injections.
- Utilize proper pan facial soft tissue augmentation techniques.
- Implement peri-procedural assessment and strategies for avoidance and management of complications.
This session is geared toward beginner and intermediate level injectors. Attendees will participate in small group hands-on injection practice with cutaneous procedural head models that show placement of filler via translucent simulated skin. Anatomy as it relates to injectables will be emphasized, and approaches to patient assessment, treatment planning, filler selection, and cannula vs. needle use will be covered. Participants will complete a pre- and post-assessment of procedural skills covered in this session.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 30 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment credits. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Brodsky, Amy L., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Cox, Sue Ellen, MD: Allergan, Inc. – A(H), I(OB); Bayer Pharmaceuticals – I(OB); Candesant Biomedical, Inc. – SH(ST); Cearna, Inc – A(SO); Croma-Pharma GmbH Austria – I(OB); Evolus, Inc. – I(OB); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – I(H); Merz Aesthetics – SP(H); Neothetics – I(OB); Revance Therapeutics, Inc. – I(OB); TEOXANE Laboratories – I(OB); TruInject Medical Corporation – SH(ST); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – C(H);
- Jacob, Carolyn I., MD: AbbVie – SP(H); Allergan, Inc. – SH(ST); BTL Industries – A(EQ), A(H); Endo International plc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – SP(H); PCA SKIN – SP(H); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – SP(H);
- Narurkar, Vic A., MD: Allergan, Inc. – A(Grants/Research Funding), I(Fees); Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation – C(H); Merz Aesthetics – C(H); MyoScience – I(SO); Palomar Medical Technologies – I(Grants/Research Funding); Revance Therapeutics, Inc. – A(SO); Solta Medical – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Taub, Amy Forman, MD: Allergan, Inc – A(H); Almirall – A(H); Cutera, Inc. – I(EQ), I(Grants/Research Funding); Exeltis – A(H); Hydrafacial – I(EQ), I(Grants/Research Funding); MediCell Technologies LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding), SH(ST); Revance Therapeutics, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Sterilis Medical Corporation – SH(ST); Suneva Medical, Inc. – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Swiss American – A(H); Syneron, Inc. – SP(H);
Dr. Cox / Welcome and Introduction
Dr. Cox / Live Surface Anatomy for the Injector – Video Presentation
All faculty / Hands-on Stations