Return to program book search
Leading by Persuading, Influencing and Negotiating
Sunday, August 04
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Jennifer Lucas, MD, FAAD
- Mary E. Maloney, MD, FAAD
- David Michael Pariser, MD, FAAD
- Stephen P. Stone, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Rochelle R. Torgerson, MD, PhD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize that successful outcomes require skilled persuasion and negotiation techniques.
- Identify the perspective of others involved in the negotiation process.
- Demonstrate and utilize skills that make participation in team more productive
In all aspects of our lives we apply the art of persuasion/negotiating to strengthen our positions, forge compromise and ultimately to get things done. In this interactive symposium we will review a series of cases that will illustrate effective persuasion and negotiation techniques that can be utilized in all realms of life. Whether you are trying to influence a colleague or patient, or you are negotiating with a superior or a member of your work team to complete a project, you will also discover the importance of considering the perspective of others in the negotiation process.