Return to program book search
Finessing Surgical Technique
Sunday, August 04
Grand Ballroom West
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
David M. Ozog, MD, FAAD
- Brett M. Coldiron, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Emily J. Fisher, MD, FAAD
- Hayes B. Gladstone, MD, FAAD
- Christopher James Miller, MD, FAAD
- Victor Allen Neel, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Suzanne Olbricht, MD, FAAD
- Nazanin A. Saedi, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Emily Tierney, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Demonstrate simple yet essential surgical techniques to achieve optimal cosmetic and functional outcomes.
- Utilize proper surgical instruments and materials to enhance healing and repair outcomes.
- Assess common mistakes made when coding for surgical procedures and how to avoid them.
This session provides essential surgical pearls for the general dermatologist and intermediate dermatological surgeon. A myriad of topics will be discussed including tips for anesthesia, lasers, nail surgery, optimizing suturing techniques and wound eversion, as well as the best use of surgical instruments, wound dressings and suture materials. Practical topics will be discussed including surgical coding and tips to avoid and treat wound complications.
|Sunday, August 04|
|9:00 AM||Painless Anesthesia to Pulley Sutures: Our Residents Favorite Techniques / Dr. Ozog|
|9:15 AM||Essential "West Coast" Suturing Techniques: Beyond the Simple Interrupted Stitch / Dr. Gladstone|
|9:30 AM||Instruments That Can Add "Harmony" To Your Busy Surgical Day / Dr. Tierney|
|9:45 AM||Don't Be A "Valley Girl (or Guy)" - How to Master Eversion / Dr. Miller|
|10:00 AM||Questions and Answers / Dr. Ozog, Dr. Tierney, Dr. Miller, and Dr. Gladstone|
|10:10 AM||The "Ear of the Dog" - Hangover Remedies / Dr. Olbricht|
|10:25 AM||How to "Nail It!" Everytime - Finessing Nail Surgery / Dr. Miller|
|10:40 AM||When Less is More - Minimally-Invasive Reconstructions / Dr. Neel|
|10:55 AM||Questions and Answers / Dr. Nallamothu, Dr. Olbricht, and Dr. Neel|
|11:05 AM||Beyond "Star Wars": Tips To Maximize Lasers In Your Practice / Dr. Saedi|
|11:20 AM||"Good Closures Gone Bad" - A Short Story Of Blood, Pus, And Tears / Dr. Fisher|
|11:35 AM||I Can Get Paid For That? Surgical Coding Update / Dr. Coldiron|
|11:50 AM||Questions and Answers / Dr. Saedi, Dr. Fisher, and Dr. Coldiron|