Return to program book search
Translating Evidence into Practice: Psoriasis Guidelines
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Saturday, August 03
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Mark Lebwohl, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Henry W. Lim, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Bruce Elliot Strober, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Abby S. Van Voorhees, MD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Develop skills to manage patients with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis with an emphasis on decision making criteria that will enable the clinician to individualize therapy.
- Recognize and diagnose challenging clinical cases and select evidence-based treatment using the recently published AAD psoriasis evidence-based guidelines, which includes best practices.
- Address gaps in clinical knowledge and care.
Studies have shown that high-quality guidelines can make important contribution to improving medical care.This session will be helpful in expanding physician knowledge base and improving clinical confidence and effectiveness in treating psoriasis patients with a wide range of clinical presentations including psoriatic arthritis. The session will consist of four presentations with time available after each talk for interaction with the attendees. It will be structured in a question–and-answer format when case studies are discussed.
A short survey will be conducted before and after the session, and follow-up survey will follow 6 months later to gauge and evaluate if guidelines/implementation products and presentations were easy to translate into daily clinical practice.
|Saturday, August 03|
|3:00 PM||Introduction & Overview with Survey / Dr. Lebwohl|
|3:10 PM||Psoriatic Arthritis with Case Study / Dr. Van Voorhees|
|3:35 PM||Phototherapy for Psoriasis with Case Study / Dr. Lim|
|4:00 PM||Systemic Therapy with Case Study / Dr. Lebwohl|
|4:25 PM||Biologic Therapy with Case Study / Dr. Strober|
|4:50 PM||Panel Discussion with Survey / Dr. Lebwohl|