Return to program book search
Update Platform: Cutaneous Oncology
Saturday, August 03
Grand Ballroom East
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Fiona O'Reilly Zwald, MD, FAAD
- Scott W. Fosko, MD, FAAD
- Allison Hanlon, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Chrysalyne Delling Schmults, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify the relevant molecular and cellular interactions that affect the pathogenesis of malignant melanoma, non-melanoma skin cancer, Merkel cell carcinoma and cutaneous lymphoma.
- Describe the changing role of the pathologist and potential utilization of biomarker assessment in the staging and management of patients with malignant melanoma.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of the most recent therapeutic advances in the medical management of cutaneous malignancies.
The purpose of this platform session is to provide attendees with updates on important news and research in cutaneous oncology that increase our understanding of disease mechanisms and their implications for therapy.
|Saturday, August 03|
|2:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Zwald|
|2:00 PM||Vismodegib for BCC and Imiquimod for Lentigo maligna: an update / Dr. Fosko|
|2:30 PM||Update on unusual tumors / Dr. Hanlon|
|3:00 PM||Update on SCC staging: Defining high-risk SCC / Dr. Schmults|
|3:30 PM||Management of high risk SCC in transplant patients; an update / Dr. Zwald|