Return to program book search
What's Hot in Women's Dermatology
Open admission, no tuition or ticket.
Saturday, August 18
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Boni E. Elewski, MD, FAAD
- Hilary E. Baldwin, MD, FAAD
- Seemal Desai, MD, FAAD
- Vlada Groysman, MD, FAAD
- Lauren C. Hughey, MD, FAAD
- Mark Lebwohl, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Amy J. McMichael, MD, FAAD
- Darrell S. Rigel, MD, FAAD
- Richard K. Scher, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Manage melanoma vulvodynia and vulvar dermatoses in women. Recognize collagen vascular disease in women.
- Effectively diagnose and treat women with skin pigmentation and nail disorders. Recognize pregnancy related dermatoses.
- Diagnose and select the best management for women with female pattern alopecia.
Certain skin diseases occur more commonly in women. This symposium will focus on select skin disorders emphasizing diagnostic clues, therapeutic challenges, and treatment. Additionally, hair loss, nail disorders, pigmentation issues, melanoma, vulvar dermatoses and diseases of pregnancy will be highlighted. Finally, there will be a discussion on managing psoriasis in women and collagen vascular disease in women.
|Saturday, August 18|
|2:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Elewski|
|2:05 PM||Melanoma in Women: Special Concerns / Dr. Rigel|
|2:25 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Rigel|
|2:30 PM||Collagen Vascular Disease in Women / Dr. Hughey|
|2:45 PM||How to Approach pigmentation disorders in Women / Dr. Desai|
|3:05 PM||Management of Acne during Pregnancy and Lactation / Dr. Baldwin|
|3:25 PM||Questions and Panel Discussion / Dr. Elewski, Dr. Desai, Dr. Hughey, and Dr. Baldwin|
|3:35 PM||Management of Vulvodynia and other Vulvar Dermatoses / Dr. Groysman|
|3:50 PM||Female Pattern Hair Loss: Diagnosis and Management / Dr. McMichael|
|4:10 PM||Nail Problems in Women of Superior Age / Dr. Scher|
|4:25 PM||Treating psoriasis in Women: Special Concerns / Dr. Lebwohl|
|4:45 PM||Questions and Panel Discussion / Dr. Elewski, Dr. McMichael, Dr. Scher, Dr. Groysman, and Dr. Lebwohl|