Return to program book search
Update Platform: Cutaneous Oncology
Open admission, no tuition or ticket.
Saturday, August 18
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Michael Girardi, MD, FAAD
- Oscar Colegio, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Lyn M. Duncan, MD
- Joan Guitart, MD, FAAD
- Paul Nghiem, MD, PhD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify the relevant molecular and cellular interactions that affect the pathogenesis of malignant melanoma, non-melanoma skin cancer, Merkel cell carcinoma and cutaneous lymphoma.
- Describe the changing role of the pathologist and potential utilization of biomarker assessment in the staging and management of patients with malignant melanoma.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of the most recent therapeutic advances in the medical management of cutaneous malignancies.
The purpose of this platform session is to provide attendees with
updates on important news and research in cutaneous oncology that
increase our understanding of disease mechanisms and their implications
|Saturday, August 18|
|2:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Girardi, Guitart, Dr. Girardi, and Dr. Girardi|
|2:10 PM||Immunotherapy for the cutaneous oncologist / Dr. Girardi|
|2:30 PM||Melanoma: The changing role of pathology in the diagnosis and management of melanomas / Dr. Duncan|
|2:50 PM||Merkel cell carcinoma: pathogenesis and targeted therapies / Dr. Nghiem|
|3:20 PM||Non-melanoma skin cancer: New insights into pathomechanisms and therapeutic implications / Dr. Colegio|
|3:40 PM||Cutaneous lymphomas: WHO/EORTC classification update and emerging therapies / Dr. Guitart|