Return to program book search
Translating Evidence into Practice: Psoriasis Guidelines
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission.
Friday, August 17
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Mark Lebwohl, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Alice B. Gottlieb, MD, PhD, FAAD - Handout
- Henry W. Lim, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Bruce Elliot Strober, MD, PhD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Develop skills to manage patients with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis with an emphasis on decision making criteria that will enable the clinician to individualize therapy based upon disease type, extent,
- Recognize and diagnose challenging clinical cases and select evidence-based treatment using the recently published AAD psoriasis evidence-based guidelines, which includes best practices.
- Address gaps in clinical knowledge and care.
The session will be helpful in expanding physician knowledge base and improving clinical confidence and effectiveness in treating psoriasis patients with a wide range of clinical presentations including psoriatic arthritis. The session will consist of four presentations with time available after each talk for interaction with the attendees. It will be structured in a question–and-answer format when case studies are discussed. A short survey will be conducted before and after the session, and follow-up survey will follow 6 months later to gauge and evaluate if guidelines/implementation products and presentations were easy to translate into daily clinical practice. Studies have shown that high-quality guidelines can make important contribution to improving medical care.
|Friday, August 17|
|3:00 PM||3:00-3:10pm Introduction and Overview with Survey / Dr. Lebwohl|
|3:10 PM||3:10-3:35pm Psoriatic arthritis with Case Study / Dr. Gottlieb|
|3:35 PM||3:35-4:00pm Phototherapy for psoriasis with Case Study / Dr. Lim|
|4:00 PM||4:00-4:25pm Systemic therapy with Case Study / Dr. Lebwohl|
|4:25 PM||4:25-4:50pm Biologic therapy with Case Study / Dr. Strober|
|4:50 PM||4:50-5:00 pm Panel discussion with Survey / All faculty|