F022 - Virtual Dermatopathology Self Assessment: Get Ready For Non- glass Slide Exams
Friday, March 1; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Develop the ability to use digital slides in self-assessment & examination settings and subsequently in electronic medical records and consultation.
- Evaluate histopathologic aspects of inflammatory and neoplastic entities on digital software.
- Apply clinical-pathologic correlation to enhance the ability to diagnose skin disorders.
Dermatopathology testing formats for board & in-service exams and self-assessments are changing from glass to virtual slides. This session begins with an introduction to digital pathology and the software used in this session. A self-assessment examination incorporating clinical information, clinical photographs and digital histopathological slides, provides an exercise in clinical-pathologic correlation and precedes discussion of examination cases.
Laptops with Adobe Flash Player are required. Recommended browsers are Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox on Windows; Mozilla FireFox 29 and Safari 7 on Mac. The software link is https://vdpmaterial.nivdp.com/dsb/login.php with activation key 023. Please login to practice using the software in advance.
- Hohl, Daniel M., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Junkins-Hopkins, Jacqueline M., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Mooney, Ellen, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Mooney / Introduction
All faculty / Self-assessment exam
All faculty / Case review
All faculty / Questions and answers