WSP110 - Hands-on: The Patient Encounter: Giving Feedback
Sunday, February 18; 3:15 PM - 3:45 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Practice giving feedback to a professional colleague that you supervise in a realistic simulated workplace scenario
- Receive feedback on communication skills
- Describe personal reflections after the encounter and identify areas for individualized improvement
This new session will include a one-on-one simulated workplace encounter with an actor colleague in which the attendee will give professional feedback to a colleague that they supervise. The purpose of this session is to get hands-on practice with giving feedback and then to provide the attendee with feedback on their communication skills. A rare opportunity to practice in a safe and realistic setting with feedback, the attendee will be invited to reflect on the encounter and identify areas for individualized improvement.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 5 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Botto, Nina, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Shinkai, Kanade, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.