WSP088 - Hands-on: The Patient Encounter: Total Body Skin Exam
Saturday, February 17; 3:15 PM - 3:45 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Practice bedside manner and communication skills in a realistic simulated clinical scenario: the full body skin exam.
- Receive feedback on physical exam skills, including gowning/ draping, and counseling skills.
- Describe personal reflections after the encounter and identify areas for individualized improvement.
This session will include a one-on-one simulated clinical encounter with an actor patient in which the attendee will perform a full body skin exam. The purpose of this session is to get hands-on practice with performing a routine office exam and then to provide the attendee with feedback on their bedside manner and physical exam skills, including gowning/draping and counseling skills. A rare opportunity to practice in a safe and realistic setting with feedback, the attendee will be invited to reflect on the encounter and identify areas for individualized improvement.
- Botto, Nina, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Shinkai, Kanade, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.