F044 - Pediatric Skin Surgery: What's New and What Works
Friday, February 16; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Perform nail procedures for common pediatric nail problems.
- Improve surgical scars in pediatric patients.
- Treat common surgical and laser problems in children using a developmentally appropriate approach and surgical pearls.
This session will review all aspects of pediatric surgery and laser including pre and postoperative evaluation, complications and a developmentally appropriate approach to pediatric surgery and laser. Pearls for improving surgical outcomes in children will be presented including closure techniques, equipment and suture choices, dressings and anesthetic choices. An approach to nail surgery in pediatric patients will be demonstrated. Laser and surgical techniques to improve scars in children will be reviewed. The session is pertinent to any general or pediatric dermatologists or medical specialists with an interest in improving their skills and patient outcomes in pediatric surgical and laser procedures.
- Bellet, Jane S., MD: InStride – SP(H); Merck & Co., Inc. – SH(NC);
- Krakowski, Andrew C., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Price, Harper, MD: AbbVie – I(Grants/Research Funding); Castle Creek Pharmaceuticals – I(Grants/Research Funding); Regeneron – I(Grants/Research Funding); Scioderm – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Wagner, Annette M., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Price / Perioperative Evaluation and Postoperative Complications in Pediatric Surgery
Dr. Bellet / Surgical Approach to Pediatric Nail Disorders
Dr. Krakowski / "Doc, Will There be a Scar?" Scar Formation, Mitigation, Treatment and Prevention in the Pediatric Population
Dr. Wagner / What I've Learned in Over 20 years of Pediatric Dermatologic Surgery