F141 - Advanced Melanoma-staging, Mechanisms of Current Therapies, and Update on Future Therapies
Monday, February 19; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Compare stages, prognosis, new ideas for diagnosis of advanced melanoma.
- Discuss the role of immunity in melanoma and mechanisms of current therapies, with a focus on immune therapies.
- Summarize future therapies.
The treatment of melanoma patients with locoregional and distant metastases continues to evolve dramatically with new immune therapies. This session will review the current approaches to advanced disease to provide dermatologists a foundation of knowledge to be more effective members of the multidisciplinary melanoma team. The discussion will also include currently approved immunotherapies within the NCCN guidelines and their mechanisms of action and updates on potential future therapies.
- Lee, Delphine J., MD, PhD: Biogen – SH(NC);
- Paragh, Gyorgy, MD, PhD: ADC Therapeutics – C(NC); Buffalo BioLabs, LLC – C(NC); Cleveland Bio Labs – C(Grants/Research Funding); Iovance Biotherapeutics – C(H); Merck & Co., Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Wong, Michael K.K., MD, PhD: EMD Serono – A(NC); Vali Nanomedical Inc. – F(ST);
Monday, February 19
Dr. Paragh / Metastatic Melanoma Staging, Prognosis And Monitoring For Dermatologists
Dr. Lee / Mechanisms Of Immune Therapies Beyond Checkpoint Blockade
Dr. Wong / Therapies On The Horizon For Locoregional And Metastatic Melanoma