F139 - Side Effects May Include: Illustrative Cases of Dermatologic Adverse Events
Monday, February 19; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize different forms of cutaneous adverse reactions and uncommon side effects of dermatologic medications.
- Manage patients with dermatologic adverse reactions and develop evaluation and treatment plans based on reaction type.
- Determine the most likely causative medications for specific cutaneous adverse reactions.
Dermatologists are frequently called upon to diagnose and manage patients with suspected drug rashes. With the pace of new medication development, it is important but difficult to keep up with the spectrum of side effects relevant to dermatology. This case-based interactive session will explore dermatologic adverse events. This will include cutaneous adverse reactions of non-dermatologic medications, as well as rare potential side effects of medications commonly prescribed by dermatologists. Cases will be selected that illustrate the clinical presentation, differential diagnosis, workup, and management of a variety of cutaneous adverse reactions and dermatologic drug side effects.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 20 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Callen, Jeffrey Phillip, MD: 3M Pharmaceuticals – SH(ST); Abbott Laboratories – SH(ST); AbbVie – SH(ST); Allergan, Inc – SH(ST); Amgen – C(H); Biogen – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Celgene – SH(ST); Eli Lilly and Company – C(H); JAMA – B(H); Johnson and Johnson – SH(ST); Pfizer Inc. – SH(ST); Procter & Gamble Company – SH(ST); UpToDate, Inc. – B(H);
- Hunt, Raegan D., MD, PhD: Pfizer Inc. – C(Fees);
- Jung, Jae, MD, PhD: Adgero Biopharmaceuticals Holdings, Inc. – C(H); Amgen – C(H); Merck & Co., Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Regeneron – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Owen, Cindy, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Monday, February 19
Dr. Owen / introduction and case presentation
Dr. Hunt / case presentations
Dr. Jung / case presentations
Dr. Callen / case presentations