F134 - What's New in Local Wound Care
Monday, February 19; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Discuss the basics of wound bed preparation paradigm
- Summarize new treatments available for local wound management
- Formulate an approach to the management of chronic wounds
Wound healing starts with the treatment of the cause and patient centered concerns. A holistic approach to wound assessment is required as well as optimizing local wound care. Providing good quality local wound care requires a good knowledge of available products, their cost effectiveness and the principles for the optimal interventions. The aim of this session is to provide a review of the proper dressings, compression therapies and local wound management options for practicing dermatologists.
- Alavi, Afsaneh, MD: AbbVie – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding), Speaker/Faculty Education(Grants/Research Funding); Actelion – A(Fees); Boehringer Ingelheim – I(Fees); Canadian Dermatology Association – B(NC); Celgene – SP(Fees); Galderma Canada, Inc – A(H); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – A(H); LEO Laboratories Ltd (LEO Pharma) – SP(Fees); Regeneron – I(Grants/Research Funding); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – A(H); XOMA (US) LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Almutairi, Dalal, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Dini, Valentina, MD, PhD: AbbVie – C(H); Eli Lilly and Company – C(H); KLOX TECHNOLOGIES – C(H); Mundipharma International – C(H); Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. – C(H);
- Laeuchli, Severin R., MD: AbbVie – A(H); ebi-pharm ag – SP(H); Galderma Laboratories, LP – SP(H); Meda Pharmaceuticals Inc. – A(H); MiMedx Group, Inc – A(H); Urgo Group – A(H);
- Lev-Tov, Hadar, MD: DermVeda – F(SO);
- Lowes, Michelle Anne, MBBS, PhD: Incyte Corporation – C(Fees);
- Maibach, Howard Ira, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Monday, February 19
Almutairi / ABCD of wound dressings
Dr. Lav-Tov / Compression therapy
Dini / Negative pressure wound therapy and new generations
Dr. Lowes / Local management of HS
Dr. Laeuchli / Scar management
Dr. Maibach / Contact dermatitis to wound products