F129 - Phototherapy
Monday, February 19; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Examine the role of phototherapy in dermatologic disease
- Describe some of the latest advancements in the use of phototherapy to treat skin disease
This session will start out with a review of phototherapy basics, including narrowband UVB, broadband UVB, PUVA, and Goeckerman regimen. This will be followed by a discussion on advances in phototherapy including the use of excimer laser to treat generalized psoriasis and other advanced strategies such as the use of UVA-1.
- Hamzavi, Iltefat H., MD: AbbVie – A(NC); Clinuvel – I(Fees); Estee Lauder – I(Fees); Ferndale Laboratories, Inc. – I(Fees); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – I(Fees); Janssen Biotech – I(Grants/Research Funding); Pfizer Inc. – I(Fees);
- Koo, John Y. M., MD: AbbVie – SP(H); Celgene Corporation – SP(H); Eli Lilly and Company – C(Fees); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – SP(H); Leo Pharma Inc. – SP(H); Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. – SP(H); Ortho Dermatologics – SP(H); Pfizer Inc. – C(Fees); Regeneron – SP(H); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – SP(H); UCB – SP(H);
- Levin, Ethan Charles, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Nakamura, Mio, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Monday, February 19
Dr. Koo / Introduction
Dr. Nakamura / Basics of Phototherapy
Dr. Levin / Excimer Laser for Treatment of Generalized Psoriasis
Dr. Hamzavi / Advanced Techniques in Phototherapy
All faculty / Question and Answers