F124 - Itch
Monday, February 19; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize different types of itch.
- Evaluate and manage acute and chronic itch.
- Use new therapeutic options to treat specific types of chronic itch.
Chronic pruritus, arising idiopathically or in association with cutaneous or systemic disease, may be incapacitating. This session is meant for the clinician who wants to understand how itch arises and how best to approach itch management in different clinical scenarios, including but not limited to itch associated with advancing age, systemic and neuropathic disease, scalp itch and allergic disorders. Expert itch clinicians and researches will explain what’s new in our understanding of itch prevalence and pathophysiology, and will communicate their experience in the diagnosis and management of challenging itches including scalp, genital, autoimmune-related itches and refractory urticaria.
- Cohen, David Eric, MD: Bickel Biotechnology – B(SO); Celgene – A(H); Cutanea Life Sciences – A(H); Dermira – B(Fees), B(ST); Facilitation of International Dermatology Education – C(H); Ferndale Laboratories, Inc. – C(H); Ferrer – A(H); Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – C(H), C(SO); Novartis – C(H);
- Elmariah, Sarina, MD: AOBiome, LLC – C(Fees); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H); Science 37, Inc. – C(NC);
- Leslie, Tabi Anika, MBBS: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Yosipovitch, Gil, MD: Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – A(H); Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Novartis – C(H); OPKO Health, Inc – C(H); Pfizer Inc. – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Sanofi/Regeneron – A(H); Sienna Biopharmaceuticals – A(H); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Trevi Therapeutics – A(H);
Monday, February 19
Dr. Elmariah / Introduction
Dr. Elmariah / Itch: Emerging pathways and how to target them
Dr. Leslie / Update on the management of chronic urticaria
Dr. Yosipovitch / Management of neuropathic itch
Dr. Cohen / Allergic contact dermatitis: a cause for generalized itch