F122 - Skin Issues in Latino Patients
Monday, February 19; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize and examine the perception of skin color in Latin American descendants, and review the importance of a new classification scale.
- Define and summarize the most common hypo and hyper pigmentation disorders in Latino populations in 2017.
- Discuss common dermatologic conditions such as acne and skin cancer and distinguish special considerations in relation to Latin skin types.
This session will outline the current leading research regarding Latin American skin. We will examine the need of developing a new skin classification scale to better define Latin skin types. Common skin conditions such as Hypo and Hyper pigmentation disorders will be discussed and new treatment protocols will be analyzed. Acne treatment and special considerations in this patient population will be discussed. Latinos are more likely to be diagnosed with late-stage skin cancer. This session will cover a thorough review on early detection and current treatment guidelines.
- Florez, Mercedes, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Pandya, Amit G., MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – C(H); Clarify Medical Inc. – B(ST); Incyte Corporation – I(Grants/Research Funding); Pfizer Inc. – C(H);
- Perez, Maritza I., MD: Allergan, Inc – C(H); Cutera, Inc. – SP(H); Procter & Gamble Company – C(H);
- Rendon, Marta I., MD: A(H), Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Allergan, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Amgen – I(Grants/Research Funding); Galderma Research & Development, LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding); Galderma USA – A(H), Speaker/Faculty Education(H); L'Oreal USA Inc. – A(H); Leo Pharma Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Merck & Co., Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Merz Aesthetics – A(H), Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique US – C(H); Sensus Healthcare – A(NC); Valeant Pharmaceuticals International – A(H);
- Weiss, Eduardo Tomas, MD: AbbVie – SP(H); Allergan, Inc – SP(H); Galderma USA – SP(H);
- Zheng, Qian, MD, PhD: L'Oreal USA Inc. – E(S);
Monday, February 19
Dr. Qian / Benefits of Daily Photoprotection in Skin of Color Population
Dr. Rendon / HYPERpigmentation disorders
Dr. Pandya / Most Common Hypopigmenting Conditions
All faculty / Q&A
Dr. Florez / Acne: Special Considerations in this Population
Dr. Perez / Skin Cancer Among The Hispanic Population in the United States
Dr. Weiss / Cosmetic Procedures in Patients with Mixed Skin Tone