F116 - The Pregnant Pause: How to Evaluate and Treat Your Pregnant Patients
Sunday, February 18; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Develop treatment plans for pregnant patients with common dermatologic diagnoses.
- 2. Evaluate and manage melanocytic lesions in the pregnant patient.
- 3. Recognize and treat specific dermatoses of pregnancy.
Dermatologists face multiple challenges when evaluating and treating the pregnant patient. Treatment of acne and psoriasis is difficult; risks to the fetus limit the number of evidence-based studies concerning drug therapy. Concerning melanocytic lesions, do nevi change during pregnancy and if melanoma is diagnosed, is there a poor prognosis? Infections and infestations in the pregnant patient may present a risk to the mother and fetus, and treatment options may be limited. Several dermatoses are specific for pregnancy; early recognition and management may be important to prevent adverse effects on the fetus. This forum will review these topics and provide recommendations.
- Driscoll, Marcia S., MD: UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Grant-Kels, Jane Margaret, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Keri, Jonette Elizabeth, MD, PhD: Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. – C(Fees);
- Kimball, Alexandra Boer, MD, MPH: AbbVie – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Celtaxsys Inc – C(H); Dermira – C(H); Janssen Biotech – C(H); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – I(Residency/Fellowship Program Funding); Lilly ICOS LLC – C(H); Merck & Co., Inc – C(H); New Enterprise Associates – C(H); Novartis – C(H); Procter & Gamble Company – C(H); Purdue Pharma – C(H); Regeneron – C(H); Sanofi/Regeneron – C(H); UCB – C(H);
- Murase, Jenny Eileen, MD: Dermira – C(H); Regeneron – SH(ST); UCB – C(H);
Sunday, February 18
Dr. Driscoll / Introduction/ Dr. Driscoll
Dr. Kimball / Treatment of Psoriasis in the Pregnant Patient
Dr. Driscoll / Dermatoses of Pregnancy
Dr. Keri / Treatment of Acne in the Pregnant Patient
Dr. Murase / Treatment of infections and Infestation in the Pregnant Patient
Dr. Grant-Kels / Evaluation and Management of Nevi and Melanoma in the Pregnant Patient
All faculty / Questions and Discussion