F111 - An Evidence-based Approach to Nails: Expert Management of Common Problems
Sunday, February 18; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Evaluate and manage pigmentation in nails, brittle nails, ingrown nails, and pediatric nail disease.
- Identify the role, if any, lasers may play in management of nail disorders.
- Properly prepare and submit a nail specimen to a pathologist to optimize an accurate diagnosis.
Common nail disorders encountered by general and pediatric dermatologists will be addressed. Current evaluation and management of common nail conditions using the latest evidence available will be presented, including subjects such as ingrown nails, brittle nails, pigmented nails, the use of lasers in nail disorders, pediatric nail disorders, and how to best submit nail specimens to your pathologist.
- Adigun, Chris, MD: Celgene Corporation – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Sandoz, a Novartis company – A(H); Sciton Inc. – SP(H); YouVeeShield – C(SO);
- Bellet, Jane S., MD: InStride – SP(H); Merck & Co., Inc. – SH(NC);
- Rieder, Evan, MD: UCB – A(Fees), Data Safety Monitoring Board(Fees);
- Stern, Dana WK, MD: Nuskin – C(S);
- Thompson, Curtis T., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Vlahovic, Tracey C., DPM: Pharmaderm – I(Grants/Research Funding); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – I(NC);
- Yost, John, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Sunday, February 18
Dr. Thompson / Proper management of pathology specimens and case presentations
Dr. Rieder / Lasers for Nail Disorders: Do They Work?
Dr. Stern / Current Management of Brittle Nails
Dr. Yost / Optimal Management of Ingrown Nails
Dr. Adigun / How to Confidently Evaluate Longitudinal Melanonychia
Dr. Bellet / Current management of pediatric nail disorders
Dr. Vlahovic / Updates on Onychomycosis Treatments
All faculty / Q&A