F109 - Imaging in Dermatology
Sunday, February 18; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe the current and future state of digital cutaneous photography and imaging.
- Compare noninvasive imaging techniques such as confocal microcopy and cutaneous ultrasound.
- Utilize different radiologic imaging modalities for cutaneous neoplasms and staging.
This session will cover the spectrum of cutaneous imaging. The current state and future of digital photography and mole mapping will be discussed and how it can be integrated into practice. The emerging noninvasive invasive cutaneous imaging tools such as confocal microscopy and ultrasound will be reviewed. In addition, radiological imaging including CT and MRI will be discussed to determine how and when such should be utilized for cutaneous neoplasms.
- Gill, Melissa, MD: Bostwick Laboratories, Dermatocor Division – Independent Contractor(Fees); Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center – C(Fees); Park Madison Laboratories, Inc. – C(Fees);
- Gonzalez, Salvador, MD, PhD: Caliber Imaging and Diagnostics Inc. – A(H); I.F.C., S.A. – C(H);
- Grant-Kels, Jane Margaret, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Rossi, Anthony, MD: Allergan, Inc – A(H); Cutera, Inc. – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); EBSCO Industries, Inc. – C(Fees); Guthy-Renker – C(Fees);
Sunday, February 18
Dr. Rossi / Introduction to Non Invasive Imaging
Dr. Grant-Kels / Incorporating Confocal Microscopy into Daily Practice
Dr. Gill / Clinical-Pathologic-Confocal Correlation
Dr. Gonzalez / Confocal Microscopy for Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer
Dr. Rossi / Reflectance Confocal Microscopy for Melanoma
All faculty / Panel Question and Answer