F107 - Challenging Cases in Dermatopathology
Sunday, February 18; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify and evaluate challenging lesions in dermatopathology and utilize ancillary testing and clinical pathologic correlation to promote accurate diagnosis.
- Distinguish benign and malignant conditions using advanced techniques.
This 2 hour session will cover important benign and malignant disorders that represent common and rare pitfalls in dermatopathology. We will emphasize clinical pathologic correlation in these cases and provide evaluation of mimics of these conditions. Our discussion will also focus on important ancillary testing using immunohistochemical staining, special stains, and molecular techniques for diagnosis. At the completion of the session, the attendees will have a better understanding of challenging cases in dermatopathology.
- Elenitsas, Rosalie, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins – O(IP); Myriad Genetics Inc – C(Fees);
- Elston, Dirk Michael, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Fung, Maxwell A., MD: Advance Medical – C(Fees); Medscape – O(H); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- High, Whitney A., MD, JD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Kim, Jinah, MD, PhD: Kyowa Hakko Kirin Pharma, Inc. – C(Grants/Research Funding); Myriad Genetics Inc – C(Fees);
- Ruben, Beth S., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.