F100 - Cutaneous Disorders of Pregnancy
Sunday, February 18; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize important clinical features of pregnancy specific cutaneous disorders and potential fetal complications.
- Formulate appropriate and safe topical and systemic therapies for pregnant patients with cutaneous disorders based on recent FDA guidelines and medical literature.
- Develop appropriate management for pregnant patients with complex medical dermatology issues including cutaneous lupus erythematosus, psoriasis, and cutaneous malignancies based on current medical practice.
The recognition and management of pregnancy related cutaneous disorders can be challenging, along with potential impact on the fetus. Diagnostic clues in the recognition of these disorders, along with better appreciation of fetal compromise will be highlighted. Physiologic skin changes during pregnancy will be reviewed. Diseases with a Th2-immune response, such as lupus erythematosus, often flare during pregnancy and appropriate management will be reviewed. Challenging appropriate evaluation and management issues in the pregnant patient, including psoriasis and serious cutaneous malignancies, will be discussed. An overview of the safety guidelines for topical and systemic dermatologic therapy during pregnancy will be provided.
- Bechtel, Mark A., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Kaffenberger, Jessica Amie, MD: Amgen – I(Grants/Research Funding); Boehringer Ingelheim – C(H); Celgene Corporation – I(Grants/Research Funding); Corrona, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Eli Lilly and Company – I(Grants/Research Funding); Janssen Research & Development, LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding); Lilly ICOS LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding); Novartis – I(Grants/Research Funding); Regeneron – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Pappas-Taffer, Lisa K., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Tyler, Kelly, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Villasenor-Park, Jennifer, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Sunday, February 18
Dr. Bechtel and Dr. Kaffenberger / Introduction and Overview Pregnancy Dermatoses
Dr. Tyler / Pregnancy and Medication Safety for Dermatologists
Dr. Pappas-Taffer / Psoriasis and Autoimmune Connective Tissue Disease in the Pregnant Patient: Prognosis and Treatment
Dr. Villasenor-Park / Melanoma and Non Melanoma Skin Cancer in Pregnancy: Prognosis and Treatment