F099 - Wound Closure Design: Basic to Advanced
Sunday, February 18; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Differentiate between a variety of methods to close wounds after skin cancer removal
- Recognize pitfalls in wound closure and how to optimize wound closure methods for best cosmetic results in patient healing.
- Discuss the subtleties of design to maximize healing.
Wound closure after skin cancer removal is often the most exciting and artistic part of dermatologic surgery. This session will allow participants to learn basic and advanced skills in suturing and closure design including flaps and grafts.
- Cronin, Terrence A. Jr., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Kantor, Jonathan, MD: Abbott Laboratories – I(OB); Allergan, Inc – I(OB); Asubio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – I(OB); Celgene Corporation – I(OB); Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – I(OB); Janssen-Ortho Inc. – I(OB); Kythera – I(OB); LEO Pharma, US – I(OB); McGraw-Hill Companies – O(IP); Pfizer Inc. – I(OB); Taro Pharm – I(OB); Tolmar – I(OB);
- Weinkle, Susan H., MD: Allergan, Inc – C(H), I(H); Allergan, Inc. – A(H), SP(H); Alphaeon – I(H); Derm Advance – I(NC), SH(NC); Ethicon, Inc. – A(H), C(H), SP(H); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – C(H), SP(H); Merz Aesthetics – A(H), C(H), SP(H); Procter & Gamble Company – C(H); Sinclair Pharma – C(H), I(H); TEOXANE Laboratories – I(H);
- Weinstein, Andrew Hart, MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.