F087 - Oral Signs of Systemic Disease
Saturday, February 17; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the salient oral findings associated with various gastrointestinal, paraneoplastic, autoimmune & vesiculobullous diseases.
- Apply diagnostic and therapeutic pearls for the management of patients with oral disease.
- Describe the basic surgical principles of oral procedures and assess their potential benefits to your own practice.
Prompt detection of oral signs and symptoms that may suggest underlying systemic disease can be invaluable to the general dermatologist in reaching a diagnosis. In this forum, the oral signs of a broad array of systemic illnesses including gastrointestinal, paraneoplastic and autoimmune & vesiculobullous diseases will be discussed. The session will provide an overview of associated key signs and salient features to look for on oral mucosal examination and relevant questions in the patient history. The format will be case based to include diagnosis, work-up and treatment pearls in addition to reviewing basic principles of oral procedures.
- Fazel, Nasim, MD, DDS: Celgene Corporation – I(Grants/Research Funding); Dermtreat ApS – C(Fees); DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Rogers, Roy Steele, III, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Torgerson, Rochelle R., MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Fazel / Introduction
Dr. Fazel / Oral Signs of Autoimmune & Vesiculobullous disease
Dr. Torgerson / Oral Signs of Paraneoplastic Disease
Dr. Rogers / Oral Signs of Gastrointestinal Disease
Dr. Fazel / Basic Principles of Oral Procedures
All faculty / Q & A