F085 - Skin and Systemic Malignancy
Saturday, February 17; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify skin manifestations of systemic malignancy presenting as various paraneoplastic dermatoses, genodermatoses, and skin metastases
- Summarize the systemic implications of melanoma, with emphasis on current staging guidelines and management options, including recent immunotherapy and molecularly-targeted agents.
- Recognize the spectrum of cutaneous effects of therapeutics for systemic malignancies, including the recent immunotherapy agents.
As “window to the soul,” the skin can reveal systemic malignancy via cutaneous metastases, genodermatoses, or paraneoplastic dermatoses. As arguably the most significant cutaneous malignancy, melanoma receives specific attention for its metastatic potential, current diagnostic advances, and recent therapeutic breakthroughs. Specific topics discussed in the forum include the following: paraneoplastic dermatoses, genodermatoses, cutaneous metastases, systemic implications of melanoma diagnosis and therapeutics, and skin complications of therapeutics for systemic malignancies. The use of patient cases and audience participation will facilitate session attendees’ ability to better formulate practical plans for appropriate work-up and therapy in patients with suspected skin signs of systemic malignancy, and to better manage mucocutaneous effects of systemic therapy. This forum is designed for both clinicians in practice and those in training.
- Dyer, Jonathan A., MD: Allergan, Inc – I(NC); Scioderm – I(NC);
- Kwong, Bernice, MD: Genentech, Inc. – C(Fees);
- Liu, Vincent, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Rigel, Darrell S., MD: Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. – C(H); Beiersdorf, Inc. – A(H); Castle Biosciences – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Derm Tech International – A(H); Foamix – B(H); LEO Pharma, US – A(H); Myriad Genetics Inc – A(H); Novartis – A(H); Ortho Dermatologics – A(H); Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique US – A(H);
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Liu / Introduction & Overview
Dr. Liu / Paraneoplastic Dermatoses & Cutaneous Metastases
Dr. Dyer / Genodermatoses with Malignant Potential
Dr. Kwong / Cutaneous Effects of Systemic Therapeutics
Dr. Rigel / Systemic Implications of Melanoma