F082 - Management of Patients with Melanocytic and Non-melanocytic Neoplasms
Saturday, February 17; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Evaluate in vivo skin lesion images and determine the most appropriate management approaches
- Recognize the strengths and limitations of histopathology
- Draw from available data to determine the value of tests such as sentinel node biopsy, gene expression profiling, etc.
This case-based learning session aims to highlight the importance of integrating clinical, dermoscopy, confocal, histopathology, and molecular information towards helping make appropriate management decisions. The cases presented will permit discussion about the rationale behind both conventional and non-conventional management approaches for tumors such as BCC, melanoma, Spitz, and other atypical lesions. It will also underscore some of the limitations encountered in conventional H&E pathology. In addition, the cases will allow debate regarding the role of tests such as sentinel node biopsy, comparative genomic hybridization, and gene expression profiling in the management of patients.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 20 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Kittler, Harald, MD: Almirall – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Fotofinder – I(EQ);
- Marghoob, Ashfaq A., MD: 3Gen, LLC – C(NC), O(EQ), O(NC), SP(H); American Dermoscopy Meeting – F(OB); Canfield Scientific, Inc. – C(NC), O(EQ), O(NC); Heine – C(NC), O(EQ); Informa HealthCare – O(OB); JP Medical Publishers – O(OB); Springer Publishing – O(OB); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Oliviero, Margaret C., NP, MSN: 3Gen, LLC – SP(H); Caliber Imaging and Diagnostics Inc. – C(NC); Canfield Scientific, Inc. – C(NC); Heine – C(NC);
- Rabinovitz, Harold S., MD: 3Gen, LLC – SP(EQ); Caliber Imaging and Diagnostics Inc. – I(EQ); Canfield Scientific, Inc. – C(EQ); DermaSensor Inc – C(Fees); DermTech International – A(Fees); FotoFinder – C(NC); Heine – C(EQ);