F118 - Giving the Best Presentation of Your Life: Every Time!
Sunday, February 18; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Prepare an exciting and powerful presentation that will captivate, educate and excite your audience.
- Recognize that each talk is a performance that must be accompanied by careful script writing, rehearsal, costumes and lighting.
- Apply your knowledge to a personalized, confident presentation that is memorable and retained.
As medical professionals, we are frequently called upon to give presentations to students, residents, colleagues and patients. Often we are asked to deliver material that is not necessarily of our choosing. It is occasionally prepared for us: dull, fact-ridden, locked and unable to be edited. This session is intended for anyone faced with public presentations who desires to make any talk an exciting and memorable performance. Success, measured by audience enjoyment and participation and retention of content upon conclusion of the talk, is achieved through passion, preparation and delivery. We will discuss making the talk your own, preparation and rehearsal of the presentation such that the content delivered is captivating and memorable. The goal is to face every talk with enthusiasm and confidence resulting in the best presentation, every time
- Baldwin, Hilary E., MD: Allergan, Inc. – A(H); Bayer – SP(NC); Dermira – I(Grants/Research Funding); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – SP(H); Novan – I(Grants/Research Funding); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – SP(H); Valeant Pharmaceuticals International – SP(H);
- Shama, Steven Kenneth, MD, MPH: Delphin Global – F(NC);