F075 - Translating Evidence into Practice: Acne Guidelines
Saturday, February 17; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify current recommendations for the use of topical and oral antibiotics in the management of acne.
- Utilize hormonal therapies, isotretinoin and physical modalities effectively in appropriately selected patients with acne.
- Apply the 2016 AAD Acne Guidelines to the management of acne patients in clinical practice.
The updated AAD Guidelines of Care for Acne Management were published in 2016. This session will highlight and emphasize the Guideline’s current recommendations for the management of acne. Controversies related to the use of oral antibiotics, hormonal therapies and oral isotretinoin will be discussed. Information on the role of diet in acne will be reviewed. Use of physical modalities in the treatment of acne is also included. Presentations aim to expand attendees’ knowledge and improve clinician confidence and effectiveness in treating acne. Time is allotted for audience questions.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 20 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Graber, Emmy M., MD, MBA: 3Derm Systems – C(H); Allergan, Inc – A(H); Almirall – C(H); Castle Creek Pharmaceuticals – C(H); Sol-Gel Technologies – C(H);
- Harper, Julie Claire, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – A(H); Allergan, Inc – SP(H); Aqua – C(H); Bayer Pharmaceuticals – I(Fees), O(H); BioPharmX – A(H); Dermira – A(H); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – C(H); Galderma USA – SP(H); La Roche-Posay Laboratoire Pharmaceutique – SP(H); Novan – A(H); Promius Pharma, LLC – SP(H); Taro Pharm – A(H); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – SP(H);
- Keri, Jonette Elizabeth, MD, PhD: Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. – C(Fees);
- Schlosser, Bethanee Jean, MD, PhD: Allergan, Inc – A(H), SP(H); Decision Support in Medicine, LLC – O(H); Elorac, Inc. – I(Fees); Galderma Research & Development, LLC – I(Fees); Novan – A(H), I(Fees); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Tollefson, Megha M., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Schlosser / Introduction
Dr. Keri / Use of Antibiotic Therapy for Acne
Dr. Tollefson / Use of Isotretinoin for Acne
Dr. Harper / Use of Hormonal Therapy for Acne
Dr. Graber / Use of Physical Modalities for Acne
/ Role of Diet in Acne
All faculty / Interaction Question and Answer Session