F074 - Dermatological Emergencies: The Skin as a Sentinal
Saturday, February 17; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize early cutaneous signs of systemic and cutaneous disease especially in acutely ill patients
- Formulate a differential diagnosis and management strategy for potentially life threatening diseases with cutaneous manifestations
This session will emphasize the important role of the dermatologist as part of the care team for acutely ill patients with skin disease. Through a case based format, we will highlight common and uncommon skin manifestations, especially early signs and symptoms, in order to more rapidly recognize possible dermatologic emergencies. Attendees will also learn strategies to more effectively evaluate and manage complex and potentially life-threatening skin diseases.
- Avarbock, Andrew B., MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Harp, Joanna L., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Markova, Alina, MD: AstraZeneca – A(H); Incyte Corporation – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Worswick, Scott, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.