F063 - Invention and Entrepreneurialism in Dermatology: Stories of Success and Reality Check
Saturday, February 17; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Examine personal experiences of invention and entrepreneurialism in dermatology.
- Discuss the potential benefits and pitfalls of invention and entrepreneurialism as a practicing dermatologist.
The presenting dermatologist in this session will share their extensive entrepreneurial experiences with the audience, including the potential pitfalls and ethical considerations of a practicing physician pursing entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Anderson, Richard Rox, MD: Cytrellis Biosystems, Inc – C(SO); Living Proof, Inc. – C(SO); Massachusetts General Hospital – E(IP); MOE Medical Devices LLC – C(H); Olivio Laboratories, LLC – A(SO); Photomedex – C(H); Seven Oaks – C(IP); Seventh Sense BioSystems – C(SO); Sofregen Medical, Inc. – C(SO); Strata Skin Sciences – C(H);
- Bauer, Eugene A., MD: Aevi Genomic Medicine – B(SO); Demira – B(S); Dermira – B(SO), B(ST); Kadmon Corporation, LLC – B(SO);
- Bernstein, Eric F., MD: Candela Corporation – A(Fees), A(SO); Syneron, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Zeltiq Aesthetics – A(H);
- Gilmore, Jasson: Obalon Therapeutics Inc – SH(SO); Sientra, Inc. – C(Fees); Strata Skin Sciences – C(Fees);
- Troilo, Louis: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.