F054 - Challenging Melanocytic Tumors: Test Your Diagnostic and Therapeutic Skills
Saturday, February 17; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize clinicopathologic correlations and differentiate between benign and malignant features in challenging melanocytic lesions.
- Utilize the latest molecular and genetic modalities to aid in the diagnosis of challenging melanocytic tumors.
- Develop an approach in management of challenging melanocytic lesions.
In this highly interactive session, participants will have the opportunity to test their knowledge of challenging melanocytic lesions based on clinical and pathologic images. We utilize this case based approach to inform the clinician, resident or student on the latest molecular, genetic and epidemiologic data underpinning our understanding of the behavior and prognosis of these difficult lesions. Participants will learn how to recognize, classify and appropriately treat challenging lesions such as Spitz tumors, desmoplastic melanomas, melanoma of special sites, and cellular blue nevi. We will also reference the AJCC 8th edition guidelines for melanoma which take effect January 2018.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 20 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Lin, Jennifer Y., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Mihm, Martin Charles, Jr., MD: Alnylam – C(IP); BioCoz – A(NC); Caliber Imaging and Diagnostics Inc. – A(NC); MelaSciences – A(NC); Novartis – C(IP); Wiley & Sons, Inc. – C(IP);
- Prieto-Granada, Carlos: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Zakka, Labib, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.