F049 - Caring for the Cancer Patient: Challenging Cases from Inpatient and Outpatient Oncodermatology Consultative Services
Saturday, February 17; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify possible challenging side effects of chemotherapy and/or radiation and discuss potential management strategies.
- Discuss possible challenging long-term manifestations of cancer treatment, including graft-versus-host disease after stem cell transplant, and discuss potential management strategies.
- Identify potential infectious diseases that can occur in the setting of immunosuppression due to cancer therapy, as well as manifestations of cutaneous metastases.
Dermatologic issues are one of the most common complications in patients undergoing cancer therapy. Knowledge of mucocutaneous toxicities to chemotherapy and radiation, neoplasms in cancer patients (particularly cutaneous metastases), paraneoplastic syndromes, complications of stem cell transplant, and infectious diseases of the immunosuppressed is critical in distinguishing the numerous dermatologic conditions that can arise in a patient undergoing cancer treatment. This session will cover these key topics in the field of Oncodermatology through illustrative and challenging cases seen at different academic cancer centers to enhance the knowledge of dermatologists, residents, and other practitioners caring for cancer patients.
- Choi, Jennifer N., MD: Biotest Laboratories, Inc. – A(H); Incyte Corporation – I(Grants/Research Funding); Veloce BioPharma LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Lacouture, Mario E., MD: AbbVie – C(H); ADC Therapeutics – C(H); Adgero Biopharmaceuticals Holdings, Inc. – C(H); Astellas Pharma US, Inc – C(H); Celldex – C(H); Galderma Research & Development, LLC – C(H); Harborside – O(Fees); Helsinn Healthcare – C(H); Johnson and Johnson – C(H); Lindiskin – C(H); Menlo Therapeutics – C(H); Merck & Co., Inc – C(H); Novartis – C(H); Novocure – C(H); Wiley & Sons, Inc. – O(Fees);
- LeBoeuf, Nicole, MD: Bayer – Speaker/Faculty Education(H);
- McLellan, Beth, MD: Biopelle, Inc. – C(Fees); Spruce – A(SO);
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Choi / Introduction
Dr. McLellan / Challenging Cases from Montefiore/Einstein Center for Cancer Care
Dr. LeBoeuf / Challenging Cases from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Dr. Lacouture / Challenging Cases from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Choi / Challenging Cases from Northwestern/Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
All faculty / Q&A