F047 - Documentation and Coding: Getting Paid and Passing Audits
Saturday, February 17; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Discuss the latest trends of insurer and Medicare audits and medical record reviews.
- Complete medical records to meet the most recent documentation requirements
- Identify the available resources and develop an appropriate plan of action if targeted by insurer audit
Insurer scrutiny of every aspect of the practice of medicine, including dermatology has never been higher. There is a constant barrage of new payment policies and documentation requirements, as well as more frequent auditing of medical records. This session is designed to educate on the latest in insurer reimbursement concerns so dermatologists can be appropriately paid for what we do and stay out of audit hot water.
- Alam, Murad, MD: Allergan, Inc – C(Fees); Bonti – I(Grants/Research Funding); Merz Pharmaceuticals, LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding); Pulse Biosciences – C(Fees); Revance Therapeutics, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- MacCormack, Mollie A., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Moody, Brent R., MD: Genentech, Inc. – SP(H); Roche Laboratories – SP(H);
- Rogers, Howard Wooding, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Alam / Finessing Surgical Coding
Dr. MacCormack / Modifier Mayhem
Dr. Moody / Insurer Audits - the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Dr. Rogers / Tales from the Trenches