F046 - Translating Evidence into Practice: Atopic Dermatitis Guidelines
Saturday, February 17; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Discuss recently described AD co-morbidities and how they affect practice.
- Recognize features that might raise suspicion for primary immunodeficiency in an infant with severe AD.
- Discuss new therapeutic interventions for AD and how they fit into the current armamentarium.
The AAD AD Guidelines were published in 2014. Tremendous advances continue to occur each year. Our panel of speakers will update the audience on the latest developments in the field including co-morbidities and therapy. We will have specific discussions about atopic dermatitis as marker for primary immunodeficiency in some infants. We will also discuss the work of the International Eczema Council as it tackles unmet needs and research gaps in the field of AD.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 20 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Boos, Markus, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Paller, Amy S., MD: AbbVie – I(NC); Amgen – C(H), I(NC); Amicus Therapeutics – C(H); BridgeBio Pharma, LLC – A(H), C(H); Castle Creek Pharmaceuticals – C(H); Celgene Corporation – I(NC); Dermira – C(H); Eli Lilly and Company – C(H); Expanscience – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – C(H); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – I(NC); Leo Pharma Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H), C(H); Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. – C(H); Pfizer Inc. – C(H); Regeneron – C(H); Sanofi/Regeneron – A(H); Stiefel a GSK company – C(H); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – C(H);
- Sidbury, Robert, MD, MPH: Pfizer Inc. – A(H); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – I(NC);
- Simpson, Eric Lawrence, MD: AbbVie – C(Fees); Demira – C(Fees); Eli Lilly and Company – C(Fees), I(Grants/Research Funding); Leo Pharma Inc. – C(Fees); Pfizer Inc. – C(Fees), I(Grants/Research Funding); Pierre Fabre Dermo Cosmetique France – C(Fees); Regeneron – C(Fees), I(Grants/Research Funding);
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Sidbury / Introduction
Dr. Simpson / Co-morbidities and Atopic Dermatitis--What's New?
Dr. Simpson / Question and Answer
Dr. Boos / AD and Primary Immunodeficiency in Infants--When to Worry?
Dr. Boos / Question and Answer
Dr. Paller / International Eczema Council--What have we learned?
Dr. Paller / Question and Answer
Dr. Sidbury / Atopic Dermatitis--The Rest of the Story!
Dr. Sidbury / Question and Answer