F035 - M&M for the Medical Dermatologist: Case-based Lessons
Friday, February 16; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Examine complications in the management of difficult problems in medical dermatology.
- Identify potential sources of error in medical decision making in complex cases.
- Discuss adverse outcomes in critically ill dermatology patients.
Highly challenging cases in medical dermatology will be presented in the format of a Morbidity & Mortality conference. Emphasis will be placed on scenarios with the possibility of medical errors, adverse drug reactions and other complications. Cases will be presented in an interactive format to a panel of medical dermatology and dermatopathology experts, in a no-judgement environment in which these issues can be explored candidly.
- Elston, Dirk Michael, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Fox, Lindy Peta, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Miller, Daniel D., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Rosenbach, Misha, MD: Derm101 – Independent Contractor(H); Endocyte – I(NC); Gilead Sciences, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); GlaxoSmithKline – C(NC); Merck & Co., Inc – A(H); Promet Therapeutics, LLC – C(H);
- Shinkai, Kanade, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
All faculty / Case Presentations and Panel Discussion