F033 - Medical Dermatology Challenge: Complex Cases from the Collection of Dr. Samuel Moschella
Friday, February 16; 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Visually identify and diagnose classic and atypical presentations of cutaneous manifestations of systemic disease.
- Select management options for complex medical dermatologic disease based on the best available evidence from the literature.
- Discuss the use of advanced systemic therapies for the management of refractory dermatologic conditions.
After following patients with complex medical dermatologic disease for over fifty years, Dr. Samuel Moschella, along with several colleagues, will share medical dermatology images and discuss clinical clues for identifying complex skin conditions. This session will offer practical tips for diagnosis, appropriate evaluation, and advanced therapeutic management of patients with systemic diseases affecting the skin. Audience self-assessment will be encouraged through kodachrome review, and a case-based approach will be utilized to highlight relevance for the dermatology trainee or experienced clinician. Cases discussed will include those focusing on granulomatous, lymphoproliferative, and connective tissue diseases as well as pediatric and tropical dermatology.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 20 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Lipworth, Adam D., MD: Modernizing Medicine – SH(ST);
- Mikailov, Anar, MD: Boston Skin Science – F(NC);
- Nambudiri, Vinod, MD, MBA: McGraw-Hill Companies – O(OB);
- Saavedra, Arturo P., MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Tan, Jennifer, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Saavedra / Slide Set 1
Dr. Saavedra / Q&A
Dr. Mikailov / Slide Set 2
Dr. Mikailov / Q&A
Dr. Nambudiri / Slide Set 3
Dr. Nambudiri / Q&A
Dr. Lipworth / Slide Set 4
Dr. Lipworth / Q&A