F025 - Pediatric Psoriasis: Systemic Therapy and Beyond
Friday, February 16; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe clinically relevant aspects of the genetics of pediatric psoriasis.
- Recognize and address the potential comorbidities of pediatric psoriasis.
- Choose appropriately among the available systemic, biologic and light-based treatments for various clinical presentations of severe pediatric psoriasis, considering benefits and limitations of each treatment.
Management of moderate to severe pediatric psoriasis is challenging and requires understanding of potential comorbidities as well as proper use of systemic and biologic therapies for this age group, including those that are emerging. This session will provide updates on clinical, comorbidity, quality of life, and therapeutics and will focus on the basic principles and advanced practices necessary to manage challenging pediatric psoriasis cases. An expert panel will discuss each of these areas and cases will be used to emphasize learning points. The session is directed towards clinicians and trainees and is intended to be immediately applicable to your practice.
- Cordoro, Kelly M., MD: Celgene – B(Fees);
- Liao, Wilson, MD: Abbott Laboratories – I(Grants/Research Funding); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Pfizer Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Paller, Amy S., MD: AbbVie – I(NC); Amgen – C(H), I(NC); Amicus Therapeutics – C(H); BridgeBio Pharma, LLC – A(H); Castle Creek Pharmaceuticals – C(H); Celgene Corporation – I(NC); Dermira – C(H); Eli Lilly and Company – C(H); Expanscience – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – C(H); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – I(NC); Leo Pharma Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H); Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. – C(H); Pfizer Inc. – C(H); Regeneron – C(H); Sanofi/Regeneron – A(H); Stiefel a GSK company – C(H); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – C(H);
- Tollefson, Megha M., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Tollefson / Introduction
Dr. Liao / Pediatric psoriasis genetics update/When should I consider genetic testing in my patient?
Dr. Cordoro / Comorbidities update/When should I consider comorbidity screening and which comorbidities should I screen for?
Dr. Tollefson / Update on QoL and psychosocial issues/When should I consider screening for psychosocial issues and how do I inquire about QoL?
Dr. Cordoro and Dr. Liao / Q&A
Dr. Tollefson / Update on phototherapy/When and how should I use phototherapy in my pediatric psoriasis patient?
Dr. Paller / Update on systemic therapies and emerging treatments/How do I choose a systemic agent?
Dr. Tollefson and Dr. Paller / Q&A