F019 - Lumps and Bumps in Children
Friday, February 16; 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize common and less common developmental anomalies, and distinguish those which need additional workup from those which can be observed, using a head to toe approach.
- Diagnose and manage common neoplasms seen in neonates and infants.
Developmental anomalies in the neonatal and infantile period can be challenging to recognize, and sometimes warrant additional investigation. In addition, children can present with skin neoplasms that are unique to this age group, requiring knowledge of their natural history and implications for systemic disease. This session will help the dermatologist by using a head to toe approach in the management of lumps and bumps in the pediatric population.
- Hawryluk, Elena B., MD, PhD: Gritstone Oncology – E(S); UpToDate, Inc – O(OB);
- Hook, Kristen P., MD: Amicus Therapeutics – A(H), I(NC); Castle Creek Pharmaceuticals – A(H), I(NC);
- Makkar, Hanspaul, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.