F009 - Treatment of Common Cutaneous Fungal Infections
Friday, February 16; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize clinical presentation and appropriate management of tinea capitis in children
- Describe critical considerations in special populations with cutaneous fungal infections
- Differentiate clinical scenarios when topical vs systemic antifungals are necessary
This session will cover common cutaneous fungal infections in pediatric and adult populations. In the pediatric population, this session will review the clinical presentation and treatment of tinea capitis, highlight diagnostic and treatment considerations for neonates, and review angio-invasive fungal infections in children. In the adult population, this session will review skin and nail findings. Further, there will be a case-based portion describing mimickers of cutaneous fungal infections. Finally, the session will wrap up by reviewing emerging treatments and technologies.
- Arkin, Lisa, MD: Candela Corporation – I(EQ);
- Garibyan, Lilit, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Lee, Kachiu Cecilia, MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Zubek, Amanda Elisabeth, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Arkin / Special Considerations for Dermatophyte and Fungal Infections in Children
Dr. Lee / Recognizing fungal infections and their mimickers
Dr. Zubek / Fungus Among Us: Comorbidities in Dermatophyte and Non-Dermatophyte Nail Infections
Dr. Garibyan / Novel and emerging treatments and technologies for onychomycosis