F008 - Acne, Hair Loss and Hirsutism Evaluation and Management
Friday, February 16; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Diagnose polycystic ovary syndrome more effectively.
- Diagnose and treat female pattern alopecia more effectively.
- Treat acne and hirsutism more effectively.
This session will focus on three disorders affecting the health and well-being of women: acne, hair loss and hirsutism. Overlap of these diagnoses with polycystic ovary syndrome as well as the latest evidence on hormonal treatments for acne and hirsutism will be discussed. Non-medical treatments for hirsutism will also be reviewed.
- Harper, Julie Claire, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – A(H); Allergan, Inc – SP(H); Aqua – C(H); Bayer Pharmaceuticals – I(Fees), O(H); BioPharmX – A(H); Dermira – A(H); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – C(H); Galderma USA – SP(H); La Roche-Posay Laboratoire Pharmaceutique – SP(H); Novan – A(H); Promius Pharma, LLC – SP(H); Taro Pharm – A(H); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – SP(H);
- Makredes Senna, Maryanne, MD: Concert Pharmaceuticals – C(Fees);
- Reynolds, Rachel Victoria Sabbag, MD: Biosense Webster – C(Fees); Edwards Lifesciences – C(Fees); Medtronics – C(Fees);
- Tsao, Sandy Sharon, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Reynolds / Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: What Every Dermatologist Needs to Know
Dr. Reynolds / Q & A
Dr. Harper / Hormonal Treatment of Acne and Hirsutism
Dr. Harper / Q & A
Dr. Tsao / Non-Normal Treatments for Hirsutism
Dr. Tsao / Q & Q
Dr. Makredes Senna / Update on Diagnosis and Treatment of Female Pattern Hair Loss
Dr. Makredes Senna / Q & A