F007 - Referral Medical Dermatology
Friday, February 16; 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Diagnose selected clinical problems in referral dermatology more efficiently
- Design a more efficient method of evaluating patients with selected referral dermatology diagnoses
- Select the best treatment approach for patients with selected referral dermatology diagnoses
The referral medical dermatology session will focus on practical aspects of accurate diagnosis, patient evaluation & treatment of selected topics. Those topics this year include : clinical features of a range of autoimmune connective tissue diseases; practical approach to patients with pyoderma gangrenosum; what is new in the approach to selected autoimmune bullous dermatoses; referrals that require inpatient care or occur in the inpatient; and referral leg ulcer clinical problems.
- Avarbock, Andrew B., MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Huang, William, MD: DermTreat – C(NC); Gilead Sciences – I(NC); Roche Laboratories – I(NC);
- Jorizzo, Joseph L., MD: Amgen – A(H); LEO Pharma, US – A(H);
- Strowd, Lindsay Chaney, MD: Actelion – SP(H);
- Zang, Julie, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Huang / Practical patient evaluation and management in pyoderma gangrenosum
Dr. Strowd / Selected clinical referral problems requiring hospitalization or occurring in an inpatient setting
Dr. Zang / Updated approach to patients with selected autoimmune bullous diseases
Dr. Jorizzo / Distinguishing clinical features among autoimmune connective tissue diseases
Dr. Avarbock / Management of patients referred with leg ulcers
All faculty / Panel Interactive question & answer