U095 - Light Based Devices: Photomodulation and Hair Growth
Monday, February 19; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Discuss the basic science behind light based devices used for hair growth
- Identify the light based devices available on the market for hair growth including photobiomodulation (low level light therapy).
- Select light based devices for management of the patient with alopecia.
Dr. Maria Hordinsky will open the session with a discussion on the use of light therapy for patients with thinning hair. Dr. Anderson will discuss the basic science behind light based devices and hair growth. He will review the theory behind photobiomodulation (low level laser therapy) and also review recent research on other light based devices resulting in hair growth. Dr. Ronda Farah will provide a detailed overview of the FDA-cleared photobiomodulation devices and other light based devices available for hair growth. The session will close with a Q&A.
- Anderson, Richard Rox, MD: AVAVA, LLC – B(ST); Blossom Innovations, LLC – B(ST); Cytrellis Biosystems, Inc – C(SO); Massachusetts General Hospital – E(IP); MOE Medical Devices LLC – C(H); Seven Oaks – C(IP); Seventh Sense BioSystems – C(SO); Sofregen Medical, Inc. – C(SO);
- Farah, Ronda S., MD: Capillus Laser Caps – O(EQ); Early Sullivan Wright Gizer & McRae LLP – C(NC); Eclipse Medical – O(Grants/Research Funding); Gilead Sciences – SH(NC); HairMax – O(EQ); Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc – SH(NC); LaserCap – O(EQ); Pfizer Inc. – SH(NC); Syneron Candela – O(Grants/Research Funding); Theradome – O(EQ); WEN – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Hordinsky, Maria K., MD: Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Allergan, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Astellas Pharma US, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Concert Pharmaceuticals – C(Fees); Incyte Corporation – O(Grants/Research Funding); Procter & Gamble Company – C(H); UpToDate, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding);
Monday, February 19
Dr. Hordinsky / Why light therapy for thinning hair?
All faculty / Q & A