U032 - Basics of Patch Testing from the American Contact Dermatitis Society
Saturday, February 17; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Summarize when to consider patch testing in patient care
- Outline a stepwise approach to performing patch testing, including choosing supplies for optimal outcomes
- Describe best practices for patient counseling once patch testing is completed
Are you interested in patch testing? Do you want to start patch testing or understand how to patch test? Join us for a practical session addressing the mechanics of patch testing. We'll start with how to choose patients to patch test, and then we'll discuss the specifics of the actual week of patch testing. A stepwise approach will be outlined to simplify the process. We will provide an overview of patch test supplies available to start or enhance your patch test clinic. Finally, we will review best practices for patient counseling after patch testing.
- Chen, Jennifer, MD: AbbVie – I(Grants/Research Funding); Dermira – I(Grants/Research Funding); Sanofi/Regeneron – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Katta, Rajani, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Lampel, Heather P., MD, MPH: Merz Aesthetics – E(S);
- Sheehan, Michael P., MD: Celgene – SP(H);
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Chen / Choosing when to patch test patients
Dr. Sheehan / The mechanics of performing patch testing
Dr. Lampel / Selecting materials to perform patch testing
Dr. Katta / How to counsel patients with positive allergen reactions