U091 - Lichen Planus and LP Mimickers: Concepts and Controversies
Monday, February 19; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize and diagnose cutaneous manifestations of lichen planus and properly evaluate the patient for systemic complications and associated conditions.
- Develop an expanded toolbox for management of lichen planus.
- Identify and differentiate common lichen planus mimickers.
This focus session is directed at the practicing medical dermatologist and resident physicians. The session will be an interactive case-based discussion of the various cutaneous manifestations of lichen planus, as well as important lichen planus mimickers. Appropriate workup, screening, treatment, and monitoring of patients will be reviewed, with pearls focused on the challenging cases and refractory disease. Selection of optimal therapy and nuances in the use of systemic agents will be reviewed. The session is designed to provide a high-yield review as well as to highlight important knowledge gaps in lichen planus.
- Cardones, Adela Rambi G., MD: Pfizer Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Syntimmune, Inc. – C(Fees);
- Wang, Kevin C., MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Monday, February 19
All faculty / Lichen Planus and LP Mimickers: Concepts and Controversies