U068 - Executing Transposition Flaps Off the Nose
Sunday, February 18; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Select defects appropriate for transposition flaps off the nose.
- 2. Design and execute single and multi-lobed extranasal transposition flaps.
- 3. Describe anatomy relevant to lifting and tacking transposition flaps off the nose.
This practical session will use case examples and videos to illustrate key principles to execute single and multi-lobed transposition flaps for extranasal defects. While literature often focuses on using these flaps for nasal reconstruction, this session will focus on using transposition flaps to repair extranasal defects (e.g., periocular and perioral). Topics will include: selection of appropriate defects and tissue reservoirs, principles of transposition flap design, and anatomy relevant to lifting and tacking these flaps to produce reliable results and ideal contour. This session is directed toward dermatologic surgeons of all levels.
- Etzkorn, Jeremy Robert, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Maher, Ian A., MD: Castle Biosciences – I(Grants/Research Funding); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Roche Laboratories – I(Grants/Research Funding);
Sunday, February 18
All faculty / Executing Transposition Flaps Off the Nose